Do you want to feel inspired instead of frazzled in the kitchen? Do you want to cook creative, tasty meals that your whole family will eat, but don’t take all day to prepare? Do you want to throw dinner parties that wow without leaving you feeling stressed out and overworked?
I believe in recipes that inspire you to cook, not complicate your life.
Let’s be real, you’re not cooking the same meal for your family on a busy Monday night that you would fuss over for company on Saturday. Some nights call for lobster; others for grilled cheese. It’s about balance, flexibility and understanding your options.
“For someone who is very hard to inspire in the kitchen as all my creativity is used up at work, by the time I get ready to cook I’m tired and perplexed. Thanks for making tonight easy. I’m going to make you my first stop each day so I can finally get my family to eat my food!!! “– Tara
As a member of What Should I Make For… community, you will learn what to cook when to achieve a happier and more balanced life.
So, why ask ME what you should make?
I’ve always been a bit of a people pleaser and showing love through food was often easier than expressing my emotions with words. I cooked from a young age and found solace in the kitchen, even after coming home from a busy day at work. Eventually the tug of the apron strings pulled me away from corporate America and into culinary school and restaurant kitchens. The education and experience was invaluable, but that was before marriage and kids and all of twists and turns that go along with them.
I still want to cook those restaurant quality meals, but ones that fit into our busy schedule and that my kids will actually eat. I understand the need to have an arsenal of quick, weeknight go-to’s, as well as creative show-stoppers for entertaining guests. It’s not about pretending to have it all figured out, it’s about figuring out what to make when to reduce the stress from your life and put joy back in the kitchen.
A few bites about me…
- I graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education in NYC with a degree in Culinary Arts.
- I’ve worked in NYC restaurant kitchens, mainly in pastry.
- I owned a local online bakery specializing in cupcakes, cake pops, and decorated cookies.
- I’ve manned a whisk and wielded a chef’s knife almost as long as I’ve held a pencil.
- I’ve worked as a contributor to Better Homes and Gardens, the feedfeed, Recipe.com, and Honest Cooking.
The recipes you will find here range from easy to advanced, savory to sweet, healthy to decadent. Together, we’ll work to achieve that balance we’re all craving in our busy lives, while still looking like a rock star in the kitchen.
Are you a visual learner? These quick videos are proof that crafting gorgeous desserts, simple meals and seasonal cocktails are easier than you think!
“Another successful dinner creation thanks to What Should I Make For…! This time individual chicken pot pies and I even made the crust from scratch! Do yourself (and your family) a favor and follow this awesome blog.” – Jennifer
Find more of my recipes, round-ups and features on Better Homes and Gardens, Elle Decor and the feedfeed. Or hop on over to Instagram or Facebook so you can see what I’m cooking up in my kitchen everyday! And if you want to read my very first post (eeek! those photos) to see how I got started, you can find it here.
Join today and you’ll receive your free copy of my comprehensive guide How to Stock a Pantry delivered straight to your inbox. These tips are guaranteed to help you take the stress out of meal-planning.
And next time you’re scratching your head and wondering, “what should I make for…”, come see me so we can figure it out together.
A few more bites about me…
- While it’s hard for me to choose between savory and sweet, I could happily exist on bread, cheese, and wine (with maybe a nibble of chocolate thrown in.)
- I’m petrified of nocturnal wildlife, especially raccoons and skunks.
- I’ve worked in both the front and back of the house in restaurants and consider them to be equally life-shaping experiences.
- I’m obsessed with music almost as much as food. There’s nothing better than seeing my favorite bands perform live.
- My two favorite taste-testers are my sons Jack and Max.